Room No. 109, First Floor
Nagapattinam 611 003
- Nagapattinam Taluk
- Mayiladuhurai Taluk
- Sirkazhi Taluk
- Vedaranyam Taluk
- Kilvelur Taluk
- Tarangam Padi Taluk
- Thirukuvalai Taluk
This fort was declared as a protected monument by the Department of Archaeology, Government of Tamilnadu in 1977 ADThe Danes constructed fortifications on the coast at Tranquebar. This was the only busy trade centre on the Coromandal coast for the Danes. This fort was a busy trade centre till 1845 AD when the Danes handed over the fort to the English. It was used as a Public Works Department Travellers Bungalow for government servants and colonials till 1977 AD.
Two Acre Land Assignment
The scheme of distribution of 2 acres of waste lands to the families of landless poor agriculturalists The lands are assigned free of cost after reclamation wherever necessary for helping the poor agricultural families under the following 3 categories
- Assignable poramboke land free from encroachment
- Assignable poramboke land encroached upon by landless marginal and small farmers
- Patta waste lands of small farmers to be developed/reclaimed.
- Landless Agriculture families whose Annual income is less than Rs.16,000/-
- Priority will be given to poorest of the poor SC or STs residents of villages.
- Marginal and small farmers encroaching the Assignable Government poramboke land.
- Marginal and Small farmers having uncultivable patta waste land and come forward for reclamation