Room No. 109, First Floor
Nagapattinam 611 003
- Nagapattinam Taluk
- Mayiladuhurai Taluk
- Sirkazhi Taluk
- Vedaranyam Taluk
- Kilvelur Taluk
- Tarangam Padi Taluk
- Thirukuvalai Taluk
Tourism Plays a Key Economy for the District even though Agriculture and Fishing are the Major ones. Shrines, Places of Hindu Faith, Mosques forms the Spritual Tourism for the district. Annual Festivals and functions marks glory of the Year. Heritages like Tarangam padi Fort, Poompuhar speaks of the rich civilization of this land.
GIS, A Pilot District by the State Planning Commission for the GIS implementation as part of the National Spatial Data Infrastructure (NSDI). An open source Application by NIC provides Geo Information about the District
House Site Patta Issual
This Standing Order governs the assignment of Govt. lands for the purpose of house sites in the villages and towns to the individuals, firms or societies either at free of cost or on payment of market value.
The Rules in the Standing Order are intended to apply to assignment of sites for dwelling houses or cattle sheds and for similar purposes.
The Rules relating to grant of house sites in village and towns in Telangana area are issued in G.O.Ms.No. 1546 Revenue (Q2) Department dated.26-4-1975, which are nevertheless similar to the rules in Andhra area.
- Quantum of area to be assigned; Ac 0-03 cents to each member
- Regularization of encroachments.
The conversion proposals in case of assignment also applicable to house
sites and enclosures should be accompanied.
- Urban Area (G.O.Ms.No. 3250 Revenue (L) Dept., dated 24.07.1980 read with G.O.Ms.No. 361 Revenue (L) Dept., dt. 15.04.1980.
- Rural Area (G.O.Ms.No. 4975 Revenue (C ) Dept., dated 10.12.1980
- Eligibility: Income of a family should not exceed Rs. 11,000/- per month (Government Memo. No. 2224/L2/80-1) dated 05.02.1981.
- The encroacher shall not possess site or House elsewhere in the town/village.
- Each eligible encroacher shall be allotted 50 Sq. meters land or 140 Sq. Yards in the case of unobjectionable porambokes / slums, where the encroacher is proposed to be granted patta, 75% of the market value should be collected for the excess and, if he occupies more than 50 Sq.Meters of land.
- Consent of the applicant agreeing to pay market value of the land as fixed by the Government.
- Selection of beneficiaries openly in the Gram Sabha, Lay out and list of beneficiaries should be approved by the Divisional Officer.